Monday, August 8, 2016

Day 9: Return to Salt Lake City

For the first time in their whole lives, the kids really slept in.  We couldn't get them up, and we really needed them to on our last day so we could clean up and leave.


Bye, bye Bear Lake.  Maybe I will put my feet in you later...


One of the sights on the way back.  What is this?  I actually did a little google research on it.


The return time for the RV was between 9-11.  Late fees were $25 an hour.  We weren't going to make that and I told them when we picked it up.  We also had to bring it back clean.  They recommended an RV wash which the Pennas got into.  We drove up and couldn't even get in the road.  We searched for an alternate plan.


Mark was so excited!  It cost $10 and took about 30 minutes.  While Mark cleaned the outside, the boys and I worked on the inside.  Well, mainly me.


But then we were done.  Filled it up, and returned it.  Passed out as much as our unused stuff as we can.  I was so happy for all those people about to head out on their adventures!

For our last night we just  stayed at the airport hotel.  It had a washer/ dryer and a pool, so that was all we needed.  I don't think this video is working.  Sorry...

  

This hotel was short on food options though.  Well, food with alcohol options.  We ended up on our daily "hike" to the Holiday Inn Express.


This place was described as a burger place called "Wing Tips".  I thought, cool, a wing place, but no, they meant those fancy shoes.  It was a fancy place.


But everyone did ok, although James needed two meals.  It happens.  Back at the hotel, it was our last night of sleep before heading back.

No comments:

Post a Comment