Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day 10. Flight home

Our flights back were pretty easy.  We had to get up early, but had time to eat breakfast.  Check in was easy, security was easy, flights went well.  We connected through Oakland of all places.  I took a picture of the kids with the pacific ocean in the background.  Maybe next trip...   



Landed in Atlanta about 8:30 local time.  Ate dinner, headed to the baggage claim.  Realized that James left his backpack at dinner, ran back to find it.  Found our car, drove home, and got in about midnight.  

This was Sunday and we took the next day (Monday) off to recover.  The Kwist family slept to a current record of 9:30am.  I wonder how long that will stand.   We all felt pretty awful for a couple of days as we readjusted to Eastern time.   This note was written by the boys Monday night.  It was thrown at me from the stairs.  It pretty much says, "we can't sleep, can you help us?"    


I really cannot begin to say what a great trip it was.  I am so glad we took the chance on the RVs and so glad we were able to share this experience with friends and family.  I don't know if we will ever do this RV trip again, but I am seriously looking at a trip to Shenadoah National Park and / or maybe California.  One thing at a time.  

I am so glad that we had the opportunity to see something different and amazing and that our kids got to see something different and amazing.  There is really so substitute for traveling as a family.  It doesn't have to be far or big or different just together.  I can't wait for our next trip.  Which is not planned.  I really want a new kitchen.     


No comments:

Post a Comment