Saturday, August 6, 2016

Day 8: Leaving Yellowstone to Bear Lake

And just like that, it was time to head back.  The Johnson had left early early to drive back to Texas.  I was really sad as I had gotten really comfortable in this life.  Getting up in the cold.  Making my instant Starbucks coffee on the stove, walking to the bathroom, enjoying the sunrise and the trees, and just being outdoors.  Man, I really miss it typing all this in.  Oh well....   We probably got on the road around 9, stopped for a hike on the way out and close to the entrance we saw the hordes of people coming in.  


That's not entirely correct.  There was a deer jam.  I'm sure you have deer wherever you live people!  Keep moving!

This picture I think was in Idaho.  I was trying to take a picture of the Speed Limit 80 sign.  I missed it.  We were going to fast!


Our last night we were staying at Bear Lake.  It ended up being about 4-5 hours from Yellowstone and would be ~2 hours from Salt Lake City.  We had booked a KOA and this was my first experience with one of these.  It was good and bad.  I wanted an "easy" place with full hook ups.  I thought we could spend the time cleaning and repacking to prepare to return the RV.  We did and didn't.  The Pennas were the only ones who came with us.


There was a lot of things to do at the campground, er, Kampground.  One issue is that even though we were at Bear Lake, we were still pretty far away and we never even made it there.  It makes me sad but I don't see how we could have fit it in.  The kids had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment