Monday, May 16, 2016

Day 0: Planning our Grand Circle Adventure



Like most major trips, our the planning of our Grand Circle Adventure started a year in advance.  Someone I worked with was traveling to the Grand Canyon for Spring Break.  It really got me thinking about how much I wanted to do that.  Living in a small town, I feel obligated to show my kids more of the world and this was a way to do that.  Honestly, here was my thought process.  "Hey, isn't flying in Las Vegas pretty cheap?  We could go to Vegas and then to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days.  I bet that won't be expensive!"  That isn't really what happened, but we still had a great trip.  My strategy and itinerary for this trip changed several times during the planning stage.  Someone else I worked with warned against spending too much time at the Grand Canyon.  She suggested doing the "Grand Circle" which is a term I had never heard of before.  There are several ways  to do it, but it basically allows you to hit several of the national parks in Arizona and Utah.  The trip was expanded again, and that is what we ended up doing.  But first, on day 0, we were checking into our Southwest flight EXACTLY 24 hours in advance.



Day1:  Flight to Las Vegas
Day 2:  Las Vegas
Day3:  Hoover Dam
Day 4: Grand Canyon
Day 5: Monument Valley
Day 6:  Arches and Canyonlands
Day 7: Zion
Day 8:  Fly home

1 comment:

  1. I love the details about your trip. I read every single day. It sounds like it was exhausting and good. Win!

    ReplyDelete