Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Call


Everyone knows the call.  The phone rings.  You recognized the number, and you don't want to answer, but you do.  They're coming home early...


At first, it isn't much.  They overreacted, AGAIN.  But then there is white stuff from the sky.  Well, that's fun.


The snow this time was really weird.  Very small, but it snowed somewhat heavily for a couple of hours.  If it had been normal sized flakes, I think it would have been a lot.  But I would say, we got about an inch.


This weird, one inch snow, immediately hit the roads, melted and the re-froze.  It didn't look like the roads were bad, but they were.  No one was surprised when the call came again.  But this time, it was fun.  SNOW DAY!!!

In celebration, I made chocolate snow waffles.  I topped mine with melted coconut butter.  I topped the kids with powdered sugar.




I asked Andy if he wanted me to make them, and he seemed excited.  When they were done, he changed his mind and burst into tears.  He now wanted regular waffles.


This is what I deal with.  After I forced him to choke down a bite, he left, only to eat like 3 of them later.  Now all he wants is chocolate waffles.

The snow melted, but there were a couple more snow ball fights.  We left for the evening to eat dinner at my parents.  It was a good day.

But then, the call came again!

No comments:

Post a Comment