Sunday, January 26, 2014

World's Best Granola - UPDATE!!


I think everyone just kind of knows that I make the best granola.  Now, just because it is the BEST doesn't mean that I can't try to make it better.  I have posted my recipe before, but wanted to post an update.  I always have granola made and eat it for breakfast with a little almond coconut milk.  Picture above is how I packaged it for teacher gifts for Christmas.

Kerri's Granola
1/2 cup maple syrup
6T oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond meal
2T flaxseed
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup craisens

-       Heat oven to 275.
-       Lay parchment paper on a rimmed cookie sheet.
-       Combine syrup, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small pot.  Heat until it starts boiling.
-       In a large bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients except the craisens.
-       Pour syrup mixture over dry mixture and stir well.
-       Turn mixture onto cookie sheet and spread out.
-       Bake for 30 minutes at 275.
-       Add craisens and stir.
-       Bake for another 30 minutes.

-       Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.

Here is my previous version.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I need to try this to mix in with my barley porridge. Plus, I was looking for a way to use up the almond flour (I know, that's probably different than mean), that Becky gave me BEFORE they left for MD.

    What kind of oil do you usually use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think flour and meal are the same thing. Even if they are not, you are just coating the granola so it will stick together. I have used just wheat flour in the past. As for oil, my favorite is grapeseed oil, but any neutral oil will do.

    ReplyDelete