Sunday, September 22, 2013

Where a kid can be a kid!

I think the hardest part about being a parent is when you do something that you swore you would never do.

 
I am queen of the park parties, right?  I am still queen.  Each party has a theme.  I spend extra money on favors...usually costumes, pinatas (which I hate), a cute cake topper, bring the rocket launcher and you have the party of the year!  This year, James said he wanted a Chuck E Cheese party.  Well, thank goodness!  Now, Chuck E Cheese goes against everything I stand for.  The marketing, the cheesyness, the nickle and diming, but....they do everything and I just need to bring a cake.  Well, and the kids.  It is far for us, so I made my neighbors/really good friends make the drive, but I offered rides to some of the other kids.  Their parents really appreciated it!   

When we got their, craziness ensued!  Yikes.  They hadn't brought out the tokens yet, but it turned out to not be an issue:

 
 Now comes the part where Mark and I had nothing to do, because they literally do it all for you!


Oh, except collect Andy's tickets.  I hate those tickets!


After 30-40 minutes, they bring out the pizza, then Chuck E comes out and they have a little show.

 

And then a guitar contest.  James totally won! 



They gave James a medal.

 

Miss Juliet might have had a little bit of a bad attitude about the Chuck E. Cheese party.  She brought ear plug, just incase, and then took off.  Ok, I sent her to Costco and Trader Joes so I wouldn't have to go.  Thanks Ms. Juliet!


Cupcakes!  They couldn't get the candles lit.  Good thing I brought the flame thrower!


James took a turn in the ticket blaster!  Ms. Becky was stressed out we didn't have a strategy, and unfortuately, James was the first to go so we didn't have time to develop one.  For the future: open the bottom of your shirt and allow the tickets to blow into your shirt.



James did NOT grab the 1000 ticket coupon, but our handler was so impressed with the J-A-M-E-S cheer, that she gave him one.  I hate those tickets.


Christopher....was... a little put off by the whole thing.  He had a good time, but spend the "show" under the table.


The end of the party was pretty hectic and we didn't have time to open present.  Since we had a 45 minutes drive, we opened them on the way home.


This quickly developed into "musical paper" which yes, was the highlight of the party for everyone in our car.  We could have saved money and ears!


All in all, it was a great party.  Yes, there were lots of other kids and other parties and it was loud, but they made James feel like a rock star and everyone had a great time.  Plus, I didn't have to do anything except bring cupcakes.  And pay.

The only issue I have is the tickets.  I hate those tickets.  You have like 6 parties all ending at the same time and all the kids need to cash in their tickets, most of them have the 1000 ticket coupon.  It just took FOREVER.  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. And now everyone has a stomach bug, right? Everytime we've been there we come home sick the next day. Little germ mongers.... And Happy Birthday, James!!

    ReplyDelete