Saturday, October 18, 2014

This is what we signed up for!

The kids are at an age that I really enjoy.  If they are upset, they tell me why.  If they need something, they get it themselves.  And if they are bored, they can entertain themselves.  Juliet likes saying, "this is what I signed up for!"  At our summer vacation it was so obvious that we are in a different stage in our life and yes, this is what we signed up for!  Gone were the days where I have to get up at 5am and try to keep the kids quiet for 4 hours until everyone else gets up.  Books I bring, I actually get to read.  And I get to actually talk to people.  Bring on the relaxation!


Wouldn't you love to look at that all week.  Me too!  Foreshadowing...

The kids were so excited that first day about going to the beach.


Here is Charlie literally falling on his hands and knees and the soft, sugar white sand.


 After about 30 minutes that first day, they decided they hated the beach and wanted to go to the pool.


Every day we had to drag them to the beach complaining.  They ended up enjoying it, but man.  This year there was lots of floating on rafts and boogie boards.


Our beach base.


We took a couple of side trips.  One, to see the BLUE ANGELS.  So cool.  Again, it was hot, so the kids were not impressed for long.



Also, we went to Build a Bear.  James and Andy were in heaven.  Weird, I know.


And I like to bring activities to do in the condo.  I brought Minecraft Papercraft


Window stickers, this was a bit hit.


And of course, the vacation puzzle!


No comments:

Post a Comment