Friday, August 23, 2013

Blog 2 Print

Volume III is here.






I used Blog 2 Print again.  I had a lot of comments and questions about this so I felt like it needed its own post.  You may or may not remember that I had started making my blog into a book.  I got a Groupon for a photo book and spend a good amount of time setting it up.  This first book covered the first 6 months of my blog.  Results were mediocre.  Good enough for what I wanted, but so not worth the hassle.  I thought I had heard about a service for this so I googled,"making your blog into a book" and found blog 2 print.  Tried it out and it worked great.  I did the next 6 months and it took little while to get the parameters right, but after 30 minutes, I ordered my book. 

I have 2 complaints about this.  One, that there is no easy way to include the comments.  Maybe there is an easy way, but I couldn't figure it out.  Two, the picture quality isn't all that good.  That might be my fault, because in the past I have used photobucket for my pictures.  However, again, 30 minutes.  $30.  I can deal with that. 

So, my plan was to maybe finish a new book every month or so, but wouldn't you know, blog 2 print sent me a 15% off coupon.  I thought with this coupon, I would do a whole year.  Set it all up and the cost was.....$130.  Wow, really?  Yes, really!  So, we will stick with the 6 month increments for now.  Hopefully they will send me another coupon in the next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment